PBC Linear began in 1983 as Pacific Bearing Company, creating a patented and innovative solution to the common problem of failing linear ball bearings. Since then, we have greatly expanded our technology, expertise and services into a complete linear motion manufacturer. We specialize in providing our customers with everything from out-of-the-box components, to mechanical sub-assemblies, and even complete linear systems.
We channel our wide product knowledge and engineering expertise into all aspects of the manufacturing products; such as our newly designed SIMO® machine (Simultaneous Integral Milling Operation). The SIMO® process is the solution to aluminum extrusion inaccuracy. Each piece of aluminum extrusions has a natural bow, twist and camber which requires a lengthy machining and alignment process for accuracy; however this traditional method is costly and not fully effective.
The SIMO® Series Linear Motion Platform is a solution designed to be versatile, flexible, and affordable.
- Rail heights; low profile for tight spaces or a tall version for greater structural integrity. Each aluminum base rail is uniquely qualified with the SIMO process(Simultaneous Integral Milling Operation) for six times less bow, two times less twist, and two times better flatness. The result is a base rail with machined precision at aluminum extrusion prices.
- 3 bearing tribologies; self-lubricating FrelonGOLD®plain bearings which are ideally suited for contaminated environments, V-wheel roller bearings for high speed applications, and profile rail linear guide ways with recirculating ball bearings for rigidity and precision.
- 3 drive types; lead screw with machined nut or anti-backlash nut, ball screw, or two versions of belt drives.
Round Shaft Technology utilizes a full selection of precision ground shafting (hardened steel, stainless steel or aluminum) combined with PBC Linear best-in-class linear plain and ball bearing products; such as bearings, sleeve bushings, pillow block housings and support rail assemblies. Only certified Simplicity® 60 Plus® Shafting provides maximum linear bearing performance.
Cam Roller Technology uses PBC Linear precision straight rails and a multitude of different sliders and rails to provide high accuracy and high speed linear guidance in an economical solution. Cam followers or track rollers are rolling element bearings with either an integral stud or an inseparable inner ring for yoke mounting on a pin or shaft. Cam Roller Technology is ideally suited for material handling, point-to-point, door frame guidance and automation applications. We also offer linear motion solutions for high load transfer and compact, low profile applications. To meet the needs of our customers, PBC Linear offers numerous modular components, linear guides, and telescopic systems.
Integral-V™ Technology (IVT) uses structural aluminum framing integrated with V-races. IVT provides a complete system built with or without structural support framework. Hardened steel raceways are directly embedded into the Integral-V rail to eliminate fasteners and reduce mounting components. The integrated rail utilizes PBC Linear’s SIMO® machining process for precise mounting and alignment on all critical sides—ensuring dimensional and rail form accuracy. This allows the IVT carriages to roll smoothly, accurately and quietly along the rail. IVT is a perfect choice for medium format material handling, machine-tool guidance and extended length transfer applications.
- Standard lengths up to 3,650 mm (Consult factory for longer continuous length or joinable rails)
- SIMO® machined for precision qualified rail surfaces to within .050 mm (.002″)
- Hardened steel races eliminate fasteners and reduce mounting components by 40%
- Handles loads up to 7230 N (1625 lbs)
- High speed capacity 12 m/s (472 in/s)
- Carriages equipped with sealed, lubricated for life rollers
- Carriages available with wheel covers, scrapers and wipers
Gliding Surface Technology adapts plain bearing design to create a simple, two-piece configuration of a rail and carriage with a self-lubricating surface. By utilizing plain bearing design, Gliding Surface Technology offers lower profiles, compact sizes, and smooth, quiet linear motion. Available options and product capabilities provide unlimited design alternatives and configurations. PBC Linear manufactures Gliding Surface Technology to perform and to withstand harsh environments while offering additional advantages:
- Plain bearing design will not catastrophically fail
- Vibration damping provides smooth and quiet linear motion
- Pre-engineered – ready to use
- Corrosion resistance to operate in severe applications
- Light weight aluminum construction
- Long life without lubrication
- Compact, space-saving solutions available
- High loads and high shock resistant
Available from PBC Linear are Chieftek-Precision, Inc. high performance ball-type linear guideways. Perfect for high speed transfer and handling applications, these linear guides offer both high rigidity and accuracy. Equipped with improved features such as stainless steel reinforced end plates, internal eco-lubrication system and overall dust proof design, these ball-type linear guides offer repeatable linear motion at extended life performance. The linear guides are designed with 45° contact angle to attain equal load and balance the forces in all directions – providing high load capacity and excellent system stability. These ball type linear guides are available in multiple precision options and a wide selection of sizes to directly match up with the customers application requirements.
· Range of sizes – miniature (3, 5, 7, 9, 12, and 15 mm) and standard (15, 20, 25, and 30 mm)
· Multiple precision options: normal (N), high (H), precise (P), super (SP) and ultra (U)
· High load and moment capacity
· Internal eco-lubrication system
· Dust proof design
· Stainless steel reinforced end plates – enhanced structural design
Linear Actuator Technology (LAT) is your ideal choice for automated positioning, transfer and guidance. We offer a full assortment of actuators to meet any application needs. Choose from belt, ball-screw, lead screw or un-driven systems complete with a number of mounting and performance accessories. Require a multi-axis solution? PBC Linear will work with your design team to create a sophisticated assembly that simplifies processes, improves performance and saves on cost.
LAT is a natural part of the Mechatronics Enabled (ME) initiative. ME offers a broad range of mechatronics solutions for small, medium, large, and extra-large applications. Choose from belt, ball-screw, lead screw or un-driven systems complete with a number of mounting and performance accessories. Require a multi-axis solution? PBC Linear will work with your design team to create a sophisticated assembly that simplifies processes, improves performance and saves on cost.